Committee Meeting Wednesday 17th July 2019

 

 

             

 

 

Key/Action and issues - update

 

  • June and YTD finances were reviewed and both showed better than forecast, the forecast for 2020/2021 will be prepared collectively by the Committee in January 2020

  • 100 handbooks to be ordered price £80 final proofing to be agreed by Giulio and Simon

  • Roller Banner to be ordered cost £60  Simon to obtain possible design from supplier

  • Giulio in discussion with Mark will raise issue of Insurance for the tables at the Kings Centre and will get a feel whether a hall hire charge is imminent

  • DSRM are considering purchasing 2 tables from the Church hall Brian to keep us update

  • Roles and responsibilities agreed and signed off for Clubmark

  • Giulio has spoken to Jason regarding getting to know our membership through building in satisfaction surveys and exit questionnaire into the management process. The first survey is planned for September 2019

  • Not everyone is on e-mail therefore Kevin will text those members the survey to ensure every member is covered

  • Giulio will prepare a letter regarding the breach of code of conduct involving Nathan Theakston and send out to the Committee for comment

  • Kevin to pick up John Hill regarding Josh conduct during match play

  • Cover for first aiders on a Tuesday and Thursday night would be beneficial this to be picked up at the Kings Centre meetings

  • Brian to complete list for coaching qualifications i.e. Andy Wilkinson and Neil Theakston

  • Frank Dixon will help cover the after school club at Longfield from September when Kevin is on backshift, Giulio will liaise with Frank on cover dates

  • Mark Sanders has now volunteered to support the beginners groups.

  • Training day is planned for August 17th Giulio indicated help on the day would be appreciated. Also costs for this event are covered by recent support from Paul Foreman

Sports and Social Committee

  • Giulio donates the after school club coaching fee for Harrogate Hill to the Academy and with those funds would like Kevin and the Social Committee to look at proposals where the Academy can subsidise the licence fee for the junior players involved in the cadet and junior league taking into account their involvement in fundraising activities and consider options for those not involved in leagues etc but also make a contribution to the Academy through fundraising.

  • Brian has organised a bag pack for B&M for Saturday 21st September that is a good opportunity to see what response we receive from junior members

  • Cleveland club is booked for the presentation night on November 29th Kevin an update on the program for the night in terms of ticket prices, food etc will be covered at our next meeting on October 2nd

  • DTTA 2* is planned for September 16th Kevin gave an overview and asked for support on the day.

  • Kevin asked if we can build in an adult’s competition for the group competitions in October there is no reason not to but would need someone to administer it.

  • Brian is progressing well with building teams for the winter league a formation meeting is planned in August and when complete Kevin will arrange a cadet and junior league formation meeting in September.

  • The Academy has agreed to move from the current 365 system to TTE new membership and league management system, Jason is currently working through these changes and they may be teething problems setting up the system.

 

The issue of recording TTE membership is still unclear whether it can be achieved as we did with 365 or will players will have to apply themselves.

Janet is currently taking and recording TTE membership monies but are not been registered, which could cause a problem for players entering tournaments or leagues after August 1st hopefully this will be clarified as Jason works through the transfer of data..

  • Once the revised membership list is available Janet and Giulio will use this as a starting point for new and existing members and Kevin will need a copy to update his list for texting members

 

 

Next meeting will take place on Wednesday October 2nd at DSRM 5-0pm-6-30pm however periodic meetings will take place at the Kings Centre with Brian Kevin Simon and me to continue to review these key /action and issues

Key/Action and issues.

 

  • June and YTD finances were reviewed and both showed better than forecast, the forecast for 2020/2021 will be prepared collectively by the Committee in January 2020

  • 100 handbooks to be ordered price £80 final proofing to be agreed by Giulio and Simon

  • Roller Banner to be ordered cost £60  Simon to obtain possible design from supplier

  • Giulio in discussion with Mark will raise issue of Insurance for the tables at the Kings Centre and will get a feel whether a hall hire charge is imminent

  • DSRM are considering purchasing 2 tables from the Church hall Brian to keep us updated

  • Roles and responsibilities agreed and signed off for Clubmark

  • Giulio has spoken to Jason regarding getting to know our membership through building in satisfaction surveys and exit questionnaire into the management process. The first survey is planned for September 2019

  • Not everyone is on e-mail therefore Kevin will text those members the survey to ensure every member is covered

  • Giulio will prepare a letter regarding the breach of code of conduct involving Nathan Theakston and send out to the Committee for comment

  • Kevin to pick up John Hill regarding Josh conduct during match play

  • Cover for first aiders on a Tuesday and Thursday night would be beneficial this to be picked up at the Kings Centre meetings

  • Brian to complete list for coaching qualifications i.e. Andy Wilkinson and Neil Theakston

  • Frank Dixon will help cover the after school club at Longfield from September when Kevin is on backshift, Giulio will liaise with Frank on cover dates

  • Mark Sanders has now volunteered to support the beginners groups.

  • Training day is planned for August 17th Giulio indicated help on the day would be appreciated. Also costs for this event are covered by recent support from Paul Foreman

Sports and Social Committee

  • Giulio donates the after school club coaching fee for Harrogate Hill to the Academy and with those funds would like Kevin and the Social Committee to look at proposals where the Academy can subsidise the licence fee for the junior players involved in the cadet and junior league taking into account their involvement in fundraising activities and consider options for those not involved in leagues etc but also make a contribution to the Academy through fundraising.

  • Brian has organised a bag pack for B&M for Saturday 21st September that is a good opportunity to see what response we recieve from junior members

  • Cleveland club is booked for the presentation night on November 29th Kevin an update on the program for the night in terms of ticket prices, food etc will be covered at our next meeting on October 2nd

  • DTTA 2* is planned for September 16th Kevin gave an overview and asked for support on the day.

  • Kevin asked if we can build in an adults competition for the group competitions in October there is no reason not to but would need someone to administer it.

  • Brian is progressing well with building teams for the winter league a formation meeting is planned in August and when complete Kevin will arrange a cadet and junior league formation meeting in September.

  • The Academy has agreed to move from the current 365 system to TTE new membership and league management system, Jason is currently working through these changes and they may be teething problems setting up the system.The issue of recording TTE membership is still unclear whether it can be achieved as we did with 365 or will players will have to apply themselves. Janet is currently taking and recording TTE membership monies but are not been registered, which could cause a problem for players entering tournaments or leagues after August 1st hopefully this will be clarified as Jason works through the transfer of data..

  • Once the revised membership list is available Janet and Giulio will use this as a starting point for new and existing members and Kevin will need a copy to update his list for texting members

 

 

Next meeting will take place on Wednesday October 2nd at DSRM 5-0pm-6-30pm however periodic meetings will take place at the Kings Centre with Brian Kevin Simon and me to continue to review these key /action and issues